Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

To all my friends, followers, lurkers and complete strangers passing by, have a very merry Christmas!  Wherever you are, I hope you are having a great time that includes a room full of loved ones and at least one food coma.  I know that's my plan for the holidays!



If I may may take a moment, to suggest a really great gift this season I would like to suggest giving the gift of Community.  I don't mean human interaction and togetherness I mean ... OK woah, that came out horrible!  You know what,  you should totally give people the gift of human interaction and togetherness this season!  Reach out to people, talk to them, listen to them, spend time with them - this is a really good thing!  But while you're doing that, also share the TV series Community!  I love this show and it's currently in serious danger of being cancelled and I can't just sit by and watch another great comedy go the way of Arrested Development!

Here's the thing though, you can't just start anywhere.  I saw a couple of episodes from season 2 last year and I thought it was OK but I couldn't see what all the fuss was about.  That was my mistake though.  You don't just show up to the Greendale Community College study room and sit down with the group, you will feel left out.  You need to take the journey with them from the beginning.  So get season 1, sit down (with some friends and lots of food) and start watching it from the beginning.  If you think the first couple of episodes are pretty standard sitcom stuff, just stay tuned.  It will win you over and by the time you reach the first paintball episode you will wonder why you ever watched anything else!  Unlike say Big Bang Theory, this show doesn't just point at nerds and geeks and go "Nerds, right?! They so weird!!"  This is a show by nerds, for nerds and if you stick with it you will be greatly rewarded.

Merry Christmas!



2 comments:

TimmyMac said...

Merry Christmas Eugene. You so Christmas!

Eugene said...

Merry Christmas to you too Tim!! Me so Merry!